Native File Builder Fails To Correctly Decode Ebcidic When Tested In JDeveloper
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle SOA Platform - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Native Format Builder Wizard you are unable to validate a new NXSD generated from a Cobol Copybook
You have followed the steps at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/integration.1111/e10231/nfb.htm
You are Using JDeveloper to generate an NXSD that will be consumed by Oracle Data Integrator / ODI
Your specific testcase steps are;
1. In JDeveloper bring up Native Format Builder Wizard
2. Create new / cobol copybook
3. Browse for your input.TXT
4. Select IBM500 character set
5. Click next, then TEST
6. Browse for your input.BIN
7. Click the PLAY button to Generate XML (see Screenshot)
- Note how the Result XML has invalid characters displayed - making it impossible to validate your test input data.
- Note that if you take this NXSD to ODI it will consume fine and generate valid output.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms