Editing a View in SQL Developer Loses Grants
(Doc ID 1531946.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 3.2 and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing view, the associated grants are removed.
- create a view called test
- grant select on test to <user>;
- on the grants tab, the select privilege can be observed
- edit the view definition (edit view dialog) and apply the changes
- verify again on the grants tab; the select privilege is gone
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document