Editing a View in SQL Developer Loses Grants
Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 3.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing view, the associated grants are removed.
- create a view called test
- grant select on test to <user>;
- on the grants tab, the select privilege can be observed
- edit the view definition (edit view dialog) and apply the changes
- verify again on the grants tab; the select privilege is gone
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms