WlsServerStart SNMP Notifications of Managed Server Startups are Lost Intermittently When The Managed Servers are Started Simultaneously
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Weblogic Server - Version 10.3.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The SNMP wlsServerStart notification for WLS managed servers can be lost if the servers in the cluster start at the same time.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a domain with admin server and four managed servers in a cluster.
- Start the admin server and log in to the admin console.
- Click the menu item "SNMP" under menu "Diagnostics" in the left panel of console to create a new Server SNMP agent and name it to TestServerSNMPAgent.
- Check the enable Checkbox under the General tab in Server SNMP Agent configuration page to enable the Server SNMP Agent. Set the SNMP version to V2.
- Click Trap Destinations tab to create a new SNMP trap destination and name it to TestSNMPTrpDest to receive the SNMP notification the server sending.
- Click the Targets tab and target the Server SNMP Agent to Admin Server.
- Using the software MIB Browser or SnmpTrapMonitor as the SNMP trap receiver.
- According to the documentation, if the server starts or shuts down,the SNMP agent will generate a wlsserverstart or wlsservershutdown notification to the trap receiver. But If the four managed servers start at the same time, the wlsserverstart notificaton of one of the four servers will not be generated. And then, if the server is shut down, the server's wlsservershutdown notification also will not be generated. This issue can be found in the admin server log if SNMP debug is enabled. This issue occurs intermittently.
Refer to the following for more information about Server SNMP Agent configuration:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms