We will create the base domain for our enterprise environment following the Enterprise Deployment Guide (EDG) for SOA 11g.
As our environment differs from the topology used in the EDG, some of these steps will differ from the steps described in the EDG.
Our admin server is called SOAAdminServer and will be hosted on the SOA2 machine instead of SOA1 in the EDG. The failover machine for the SOAAdminServer is SOA1. SOAAdminServer will be hosted on SOA2 instead of SOA1, in order to have a more even load for SOA1 and SOA2 machines. In our environment, SOA1 will also host the WLS-BAM1 managed server which usually has a higher load as compared to WLS_BAM2, so we decided to use SOA2 as the machine for SOAAdminServer.
The VIP for our SOAAdminServer is VIPASSOA.
Our OWSM managed servers WLS_WSM1 and WLS_WSM2 are hosted on WSM1 and WSM2 machines as compared to the EDG, which has them on SOA1 and SOA2. This will require some additional steps in our environment for Node Manager setup on WSM1 and WSM2 and creation of the related domain directories for the managed servers on these machines.
- Database preparation is finished, all SOA schemas are created and accessible
- Network and file system preparation is completed
- All Fusion Middleware products are installed
- Web tier is installed and configured
- soaedg_domain is created (the domain name can differ, however, we will use the same one as in the EDG)
- OWSM managed servers WLS_WSM1 and WLS_WSM2 and the WSMCluster are created
- NodeManager for the SOAAdminServer (on SOA2) is started
- SOAAdminServer is started on its VIP (VIPASSOA)
- Domain directories are created on WSM1 and WSM2 for WLS_WSM1 and WLS_WSM2 managed servers.
- Node Manager on WSM1 and WSM2 are started
- WLS_WSM1 and WLS_WSM2 managed servers are up and running
- Manual failover and recovery for SOAAdminServer has been tested successfully
- OHS has been configured to support the VIP for the SOAAdminServer (VIPASSOA)