OAM 11.1.2 Managed Server Start Ends in ADMIN State Not Running
(Doc ID 1545690.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11.1.2 has been installed and configured with WebLogic Server 10.3.6 following the 11.1.2 Enterprise Deployment Guide:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Enterprise Deployment Guide for Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 (11.1.2)
After configuring the security store using configureSecurityStore.sh successfully, AdminServer was started and OAM Console could be accessed without errors.
However when the OAM Managed Server was started it did not reach RUNNING state, it only reached ADMIN state.
The WebLogic domain log shows messages like the following:
Steps to reproduce
1. Installed the WebLogic Server and the Identity and Access Management (IAM) software.
2. Installed the IAM schemas using the Repository Creation Utility (RCU) 11.1.2.
3. Configured a 2-node OAM cluster using config.sh.
4. Ran configureSecurityStore.py -m create... completed successfully
5. Started AdminServer successfully. OAM Console can be accessed.
6. Tried to start <OAM_SERVER_NAME>: failed, goes back to ADMIN state.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document