WebCenter Portal JSR 286 Portlet onDispatch Invoked Twice
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a JSR 286 portlet, the doDispatch and doView method was invoked twice after processAction called. If actionResponse.setEvent() was executed in method processAction, the issue does not occur.
The following steps reproduce the behavior.
Follow the wizard of JDeveloper:
1. Created Portal Producer Application.
2. Create JSR 286 Portlet.
3. Modify processAction() method and add following piece of code at the end of the method:
7. Deploy to WC_Portlet server.
7. Register Portlet Producer.
8. Create a new page in Spaces and add the portlet to the page.
9. View the page and click the button "Call processAction".
The WC_Portlet server std out log will say:
The output indicates doDispatch method was invoked twice after portlet action request was executed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms