EJB Miss Counts At 100% When MDB Does not Explicitly Specify Implements MessageListener
(Doc ID 1553554.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.5 to 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using the WebLogic console application, some Message Driven Beans are having a miss total count at 100%. At code level, the Message Driven Bean is explicitly declaring the class as implements MessageListener had a near zero miss total count. Those MDSs that use the ‘messageListenerInterface = MessageListener.class’ attribute on the @MessageDriven annotation were the ones that were never hit in the cache.
Consider the following instructions to replicate this problem:
1. Create a brand new WebLogic Server domain
2. Create JMS resources, including a factory and a queue with JNDI name:
MyConnectionFactory and MyQueue
3. Create a Message Driven Bean, with the following code:
7. Redeployed the Message Driven Bean, with the remotion of implements MessageListener
8. Sent another 10 messages to the queue, 'Miss Total Count' accumulated to 10
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document