Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.5 to 18.104.22.168.5 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As per http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/jsr286-2-141964.html#Caching_
the Portlet 2.0 specification added the following new caching features:
Public cache scope: The cache entries are shared across users
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a JSR286 portlet with <cache-scope>public</cache-scope> in JDeveloper 22.214.171.124
2. Add some code to generate a new response every time to test if the cache is working, e.g. <%= new java.util.Date() %>
3. Consume this portlet in a simple WebCenter Framework application in JDeveloper 126.96.36.199
4. Add security (add at least 2 users: user 1, user2 ) to the application
5. Login with 2 different users to test the cache
The Portlet is cached for user1 but not for user2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms