OAM 11g: Autologin Fails When Using OIM Forgot Password Link With Backurl Parameter
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Auto-Login fails when users use the Forgotten Password link in a custom Oracle Access Manager 11g login page.
After submitting the new password, the custom OAM SSO login page is displayed instead of the application home page as expected.
OAM has been integrated with Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) for Password Management.
The following document has been referenced to create the Forgot Password link and the backurl parameter is set so that the user is redirected back to the application homepage after resetting the password:
How to Redirect User To a Custom URL Upon Clicking On 'Save' Button In Oim 22.214.171.124 "Forgot Password" Feature [Doc ID 1360162.1]
Steps to reproduce
1. User accesses protected resource and OAM custom login page is displayed.
2. User clicks on ‘Forgot Password’ link in custom login page.
3. The OIM Self Service Console Password Management page is displayed.
4. User types in user-id and clicks Next.
5. The OIM Challenge Q & A screen is displayed.
6. User supplies the personalised challenge questions and answers and clicks Next.
7. The OIM New Password page is displayed.
8. User types in new password and clicks Save.
8. User clicks OK to popup and expects to be automatically logged into the application, but instead the OAM custom login page is displayed again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms