Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 11.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Internet Directory (OID) 11g configured for Server Chaining.
In Oracle Directory Services Manager (ODSM), after entering the correct credentials and clicking the Apply button, the following error occurs when clicking on "Verify Login Credential" button:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure an AD container in OID as documented:
2. Configure AD Server Chaining (SC) plugin in ODSM, selecting all options: Authentication, Modification and Search, as per documentation.
3. When filling out all the SC configuration page details but do Not hit Apply button, then all the following verification buttons work and return a successful message:
- Verify Login Credentials
- Verify User Container
- Verify Group Container
4. But if you hit the Apply button after entering the details, then clicking on any of the above three buttons afterwards fail with the above error message.
5. Each time after either hitting Apply button, or navigating away from the SC page and then back to it, you need to re-enter the AD "Login User Password" value and then immediately click the Verify buttons in order to get successful verifications.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms