Can't Upload New Document To The Topic in IE Browser
(Doc ID 1556154.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.6 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to upload a document from the 'Link' component in IE 9 (Microsoft Internet Explorer) or IE 8 in a discussion topic. The following steps reproduce the behavior:
1. Login to WebCenter Spaces and go to a page that contains discussions.
2. Create a topic.
3. Click Links component and select 'Link to new - document'.
4. In the popup, click 'Select File'.
5. Select any local file.
6. When using IE8, no file is selected. When use IE9, file is selected, but the 'Upload' button disabled (greyed out).
1. Using IE 9, login to WebCenter Spaces as a user and go to the users Home Space.
2. On the Activities tab, enter a value in 'Share something with: Everyone' and then click the 'add file' and select a file to upload. Note that it will show 'Preparing files for upload; please wait ...'. The publish link will not display to allow the upload.
3. In IE 9, click on f12 developer tools > Script tab. The following error is displayed:
The above steps in Chrome or FireFox complete without error and the files are uploaded.
The same issue also can be seen when uploading files to blogs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document