Repeating the Export/Import of a Space Wipes Out the Documents from the Space in the Target, Merge is Not Possible
Last updated on MAY 29, 2013
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.6 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Product & version : Oracle WebCenter Portal (WCP) 184.108.40.206.0
Repeating the export/import of a Space wipes out the documents from the Space in the target.
So, import does not merge content from the target Space with the content from the source.
This was working fine in WCP Patch Set 3 (PS3).
Keep the Content from the Target and merge content from the import.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a space in PS5.
- Create a folder and add some documents in the space.
- Export/import the space.
- Export/Import the content using java -jar content-migration-tool.jar.
- Confirm the target space looks good and it has the folder and files.
- Upload some files to the space in the target to simulate end user loading files to the space.
- Repeat the Import of Space (.ear) file from the UI.
On import the following message is reported:
Confirm Replace Space
Import archive contains the following space(s) that already exist in the target application.
. GS_TestExport will replace GS_TestExport
Do you want to continue and replace the space(s) listed above?
Unfortunately, there is no option to merge the content.
- If user chooses to continue with the import then folder and documents in the Space are wiped out.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms