When Changing the WebCenter Spaces Password Using an IE7 or IE8 Browser, Unable to See Block Circles Obfuscating the Characters
(Doc ID 1563199.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter Spaces 126.96.36.199 environment with a customized login screen, there is an issue trying to change the password.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Running IE8 or IE7 on Windows XP SP3.
2. Click on "Preferences" > Password.
3. The "Spaces Application Password" will appears.
4. When typing the "Old Password", do not see the expected asterisk or block circles obfuscating the characters.
Instead, see blank spaces.
4. This is makes it difficult for users to reset their password.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document