When Changing the WebCenter Spaces Password Using an IE7 or IE8 Browser, Unable to See Block Circles Obfuscating the Characters
(Doc ID 1563199.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.3 to 126.96.36.199.3 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter Spaces 188.8.131.52 environment with a customized login screen, there is an issue trying to change the password.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Running IE8 or IE7 on Windows XP SP3.
2. Click on "Preferences" > Password.
3. The "Spaces Application Password" appears.
4. When typing the "Old Password", the expected asterisk or block circles are not displayed.
Instead, blank spaces are displayed.
4. This makes it difficult for users to reset their password.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document