In UCM 10g, with CS10gr35CoreUpdate Build 115, and MS SQL Database: Underscores In "matches" Search Criteria Fail with an Exra Space in the Search Query
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.1.3.5.0 to 10.1.3.7.0 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 10.1.3.5.0 version, Content Server
When performing a 'matches' search in a non-indexed custom metadata field, items with an underscore character (_) do not return after having installed CS10gr3CoreUpdate Bundle build 115, even though the items can be found in repository manager.
It is expected that the matches search pulls back matching content items in fields whether or not they have an underscore character in them or not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Point your browser at a vanilla 10g content server running Build-115 with database full-text indexing.
* Check in a document with the value "with_some_underscores" in its xComments non-indexed field.
* Check in a document with the value "hasNoUnderscores" in its xComments non-indexed field.
* Point a browser at this content server's "standard search" form.
* Run a "matches" search in xComments for "hasNoUnderscores". This item is found in the content server.
* Run a "matches" search in xComments for "with_some_underscores". This item is not found in the content server.
* Open up the RepositoryMananager applet and filter xComments for "with_some_underscores". RepoMan on the content server can find this item.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot search as they have in the past
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms