Questions Regarding Tuxedo Libraries Changes After Applying Tuxedo Patch
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying Tuxedo Rolling Patch RP073 it was noticed that few libraries changed.
As applications dynamically link those libraries we are wondering:
- Is it required to recompile the application servers?
- What is the function of the .pbk files? Can they be ignored?
- What is the effect of the .text differences?
- There are 2 types of differences in the header files:
- New define statements. If they are used by the new Tuxedo binaries \ libraries, Wouldn’t we need to compile against them?
- Change in a static variable char h_tpadm by increasing the size of the string, Would this cause any problem?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms