Oam11gr2: Defaultretrylimit Setting In oam-config.xml Is Ignored And The Error "The User Account Is Locked Or Disabled. Please Contact The System Administrator" For Every Unsuccessful Login Attempt.
(Doc ID 1570598.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why does OAM11gR2 return error "The user account is locked or disabled. Please contact the System Administrator" after one invalid login attempt when the DefaultRetryLimit is set to 5 in oam-config.xml ?
- OAM to return the message"An incorrect Username or Password was specified " for every unsuccesful login attempt until DefaultRetrylimit of 5 is reached.
- After DefaultRetryLimit is reached, if failure url
- is defined in the protected resource policy, then OAM redirects to failure url.
- is NOT defined then OAM throws the error "The user account is locked or disabled. Please contact the System Administrator".
- OAM does not return the message "An incorrect Username or Password was specified" at all
- Regardless of DefaultRetryLimit setting in the oam-config.xml, for every unsuccessful login attempt,
- OAM redirects to failure url if one is defined in the protected authentication policy
- OAM returns the error "The user account is locked or disabled. Please contact the System Administrator"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!