OUD-EUS: Active Directory With OUD Proxy - Searching for Users Using Enterprise Manager Fails
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To use the Users and Groups of Active Directory (AD) for Enterprise User Security (EUS) using OUD 220.127.116.11 as Proxy server and storage for OracleContext.
- Followed the description in the Administrator's Guide for Oracle Unified Directory 11g Release 2 (E22648-04) in the following Chapters -
* 18.104.22.168 User Identities in Microsoft Active Directory
* 22.214.171.124.1 Enabling Enterprise User Security for a Proxy Server During Installation
* 126.96.36.199 Performing Post Configuration Steps
* 188.8.131.52 Modifying the Oracle Unified Directory Proxy Server Configuration for Enterprise User Security
The only change is the proxy-user is used to authenticate against Active Directory, so that there is no need to enable Anonymous Bind in AD.
After applying Patch 16847568 (which is the patch # for 184.108.40.206.0) to address -
Bug 16529038 : SETUP OF EUS WITH OUD AS A PROXY DOESN'T INSTALL THE EUS CONTEXT (which is fixed in version 220.127.116.11.0)
the OracleContext is created, and authentication as an AD user is working fine through EUS.
Registering databases that exist under OracleContext is successful, but searching for Users using Enterprise Manager fails.
The proxy logs output database searches for uid=<name>*, but the Proxy does not map the uid and the orclCommonPwd attributes.
The same AD was used with OVD 18.104.22.168, where the samaccountname mapped to uid and orclcommonattribute to orclcommonpwd.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms