OUD-EUS: Active Directory With OUD Proxy - Searching for Users Using Enterprise Manager Fails
(Doc ID 1570893.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To use the Users and Groups of Active Directory (AD) for Enterprise User Security (EUS) using OUD 18.104.22.168 as Proxy server and storage for OracleContext.
- Followed the description in the Administrator's Guide for Oracle Unified Directory 11g Release 2 (E22648-04) in the following Chapters -
* 22.214.171.124 User Identities in Microsoft Active Directory
* 126.96.36.199.1 Enabling Enterprise User Security for a Proxy Server During Installation
* 188.8.131.52 Performing Post Configuration Steps
* 184.108.40.206 Modifying the Oracle Unified Directory Proxy Server Configuration for Enterprise User Security
The only change is the proxy-user is used to authenticate against Active Directory, so that there is no need to enable Anonymous Bind in AD.
After applying Patch 16847568 (which is the patch # for 220.127.116.11.0) to address -
Bug 16529038 : SETUP OF EUS WITH OUD AS A PROXY DOESN'T INSTALL THE EUS CONTEXT (which is fixed in version 18.104.22.168.0)
the OracleContext is created, and authentication as an AD user is working fine through EUS.
Registering databases that exist under OracleContext is successful, but searching for Users using Enterprise Manager fails.
The proxy logs output database searches for uid=<name>*, but the Proxy does not map the uid and the orclCommonPwd attributes.
The same AD was used with OVD 22.214.171.124, where the samaccountname mapped to uid and orclcommonattribute to orclcommonpwd.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document