OVD 11g Intermittently ODSM Adapter Routing Tab Shows Server View Unchecked, or an Adapter's "Include Binds" Are Not Updated with the Current Information. A Page or Adapter Refresh is Needed to Show the Correct Settings.
(Doc ID 1571428.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) 11g, 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.0.
Intermittently, Oracle Directory Services Manager (ODSM) > Adapter tab does not reflect the correct content of OVD configuration files. When a View is activated on an OVD Adapter, although these modifications are in configuration files, they are not reflected in ODSM, and the View checkbox shows unchecked. It is necessary to refresh the page to see the View checkbox activated.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log into OVD via ODSM
2. If there are no views, create a view in Advanced tab > Server Views
3. Access Adapter tab
4. Select an LDAP Adapter
5. Select the Adapter's Routing tab
6. Activate a View for the Adapter and click Apply
7. Select any other tab (Home, Data Browser, Security or Advanced), or log out of ODSM and log back in
8. Select the Adapter tab and then the Adapter used previously, then its Routing tab
9. Verify if the View checked before remains checked. Find that sometimes it is still checked, but sometimes it is necessary to refresh the page to see the check box checked.
This gives the impression that the View is not working or not activated. If changes are made in a tab different from the Routing tab (General tab or Plugins tab, for example) and the View checkbox is not checked, this configuration overwrites the local xml files and the View is deactivated. To ensure that the View is activated it is necessary to refresh the page.
Or, moving and returning to the Adapter's configuration Routing tab, the Adapter's "Include Binds" are not updated with the current information, many times is just empty. However, manually refreshing the Adapters with the use of the "Refresh Adapters" button then updates the display with the proper values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document