DPS 220.127.116.11.1+ - Build Up Of CLOSE_WAIT Conns After Setting "allow-unauthenticated-operations:false"
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.1 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11gR1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a build up of CLOSE_WAIT as reported by netstat.
This will eventually lead to a resource issue if left unchecked.
To reproduce the following steps can be performed -
- Install ODSEE 126.96.36.199.1
- Create a new DPS instance using the DSCC (or register the DPS instance in the DSCC after creating by the command line)
- Disable anonymous client connections using either -
i) # dpconf set-server-prop -p <port> -w /tmp/passwd
- OR -
ii) DSCC -> <dps instance> -> Server Configuration -> Client Authentication -> Uncheck "Accept Anonymous Connections From Clients"
- Browse the DPS instance using the console.
- Using 'netstat' observe the build up in CLOSE_WAIT connections.
These connections are never cleaned up and will lead to a resource shortage over time.
The problem is not present on DPS 188.8.131.52.1 or DPS 184.108.40.206.0
The issue is present on DPS 220.127.116.11.1 and DPS 18.104.22.168.0
(both Linux and Solaris were tested)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms