SOA 11g: XML Message could not be Saved Via a Composite Sensor
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2013
Applies to:Oracle SOA Platform - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attempting to save the complete XML message of a variable with a composite sensor.
The composite was tested in Enterprise Manager (EM) successfully and the composite sensor can be viewed in the Flow Trace, but the value is empty.
The XML sensor value is empty
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Download the attached project zip, CompositeSensor4Payload.zip, and unzip it
2. Open the project and deploy it.
3. Login to EM and select the composite (SOA > soa-infra > default > CompositeSensor4Payload)
4. Click the test button and choose the XML View
5. Enter a value in the generated XML in this tag: Your Value
6. Launch Flow Trace
7. Expand the Sensors and click View XML...
8. You should now see a dialog box that says "The XML sensor value is empty".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms