OAM 11g: 413 FULL head Error Occurs
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g has been configured to protect an application. Generally this configuration is working: access to the application and OAM SSO login is successful.
However users who use Chrome or Safari browsers to access the site get error 413 Head Full after they have been accessing the application for a period of time.
This issue does not occur for users using Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.
Analysis of the HTTP Header trace for the request that produces the HTTP-413 error shows that many i.e. 20+ OAMRequestContext cookies are sent with the request. This causes the HTTP-413 FULL head response from the server.
Steps to reproduce
1. Access application page using Chrome or Safari browser.
2. OAM SSO login page is displayed.
3. Submit valid credentials.
4. The application page is displayed.
5. Navigate in the application for a while.
6. At some point afterwards the following 413 error will be displayed:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms