Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Sun Schema Runtime Environment (SRE) - Version 5.0.5 to 5.0.5u2 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
These are the most commonly asked questions related to upgrading the EGate product:
- We need to upgrade to from Windows XP to Windows 7, is windows 7 supported by SRE 5..0.5?
- Is there a cost for the upgrade from SRE 5.0.5 to SRE U2?
- Assuming we install the registry and Participating hosts on a Windows Server 2008 SP2 server:
- Is Exceed V14v required on this server only if we are going to also install the Egate Designer and Manger on this server?
- Is SRE U2 software cluster aware?
- What is oracles recommendation for running SRE U2 on VMware servers. (we currently have ~120 interfaces, mostly TCP/IP eways but some file eways and Bobs.)
- Assuming we install the Egate Designer and Manager on a Windows 7 PC
- Is Exceed 14 a prerequisite (purchased separately) and Java 2 SDK (JDK) Version 1.6.0_19. Is there anything else we need?
- Oracle's website indicates support for SRE 5.0.5 ends on Jan 2014 (Premier), Jan 2017 (Extended), and Indefinite (Sustaining Support)
- What is the definition of sustaining support?
- We can't locate SRE U2 on the website. Are the support end dates for SRE U2 the same as SRE 5.0.5?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms