SRE 5.0.5 Egate Upgrade And Platform Support Questions
(Doc ID 1580723.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2020
Applies to:Sun Schema Runtime Environment (SRE) - Version 5.0.5 to 5.0.5u2 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
These are the most commonly asked questions related to upgrading the EGate product:
- We need to upgrade to from Windows XP to Windows 7, is windows 7 supported by SRE 5..0.5?
- Is there a cost for the upgrade from SRE 5.0.5 to SRE U2?
- Assuming we install the registry and Participating hosts on a Windows Server 2008 SP2 server:
- Is Exceed V14v required on this server only if we are going to also install the Egate Designer and Manger on this server?
- Is SRE U2 software cluster aware?
- What is oracles recommendation for running SRE U2 on VMware servers. (we currently have ~120 interfaces, mostly TCP/IP eways but some file eways and Bobs.)
- Assuming we install the Egate Designer and Manager on a Windows 7 PC
- Is Exceed 14 a prerequisite (purchased separately) and Java 2 SDK (JDK) Version 1.6.0_19. Is there anything else we need?
- Oracle's website indicates support for SRE 5.0.5 ends on Jan 2014 (Premier), Jan 2017 (Extended), and Indefinite (Sustaining Support)
- What is the definition of sustaining support?
- We can't locate SRE U2 on the website. Are the support end dates for SRE U2 the same as SRE 5.0.5?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document