Master Note For Migrating From iPlanet Web Server to Oracle Traffic Director 11g
(Doc ID 1584495.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Traffic Director - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11gR1]
Oracle iPlanet Web Server - Version 6.1 to 7.0 [Release 6.1 to 7.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is aimed at providing the information required to plan and execute a migration of iPlanet Web Server (iWS) to Oracle Traffic Director 11g (OTD).
The user of these documents is expected to have:
- A good basic understanding of iWS, including administration and layout.
- The necessary system administration skills for the underlying platforms in use.
- Is familiar and experienced with installation of OTD and other related components of the Fusion Middleware (FMW).
This document covers the following areas:
- An overview of both products
- iWS functionality that can be migrated directly to OTD
- iWS functionality that can be migrated to another Oracle product
The document does not cover:
- How to install OTD, or any other product in the FWM stack
- How to use any third party solutions with OTD
- The areas of OTD functionality that iWS does not provide
This document covers the most common issues when migrating from iWS to OTD, but cannot cover all possible variations. Customers should ensure the new environment meets their requirements prior to going into production.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|File Layout Differences|
|Functionality that can be migrated from iWS to OTD|
|Functionality that can be migrated from iWS to another Oracle product|