Error Message For Duplicated Invitation Shows User ID Not Display Name
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.5 to 188.8.131.52.5 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a WebCenter Portal environment configured with Active Directory, the AD users have 'Display Name' values set.
Viewing the Connections for a user shows the list of connections with the Display Names as expected. However, the expected name is not shown in this scenario:
1. Use a WebCenter Spaces environment configured with an external LDAP.
At least some users in the LDAP server should also have Display Name values set.
2. Login as a user and select the 'My Profile' link.
3. Select 'Connections' tab.
4. If have users already listed into the connections, the details will be displayed using the Display Name.
5. Select Invite User -> users are shown with Display Name, select one of these.
This is shown with the Display Name (e.g. Monty Python) and not the uid (monty).
6. Show the Invited users, select the user (e.g. Monty Python) and then the 'Get Connected' link.
You will get the error:
WCS#2013.06.07.13.03.20 : Cannot invite a user who has been invited already (monty)
7. The error message is correct, but the user information is showing the UID and not the Display Name.
This is not in line with the other information shown in the Connections task flow.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms