Oracle Forms Crash when Running with Discoverer (or any other J2EE Java App) in the Same Browser Session Using JRE 1.7.0_13+
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running Forms 220.127.116.11 and Discoverer in the same browser session. After letting the Forms session remain idle for a period of time, Forms crashes with the following error:
- This happens consistently in client JRE 1.7.0_13 or higher.
- It does not occur with JRE 1.6.0.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Connect to my portal where all my links are. (could also be a bookmark page where you put all your favorites links)
2. Click on Oracle Forms to open it in a new window (tab).
3. Click on Oracle Discoverer to open it in a new window (tab).
4. After a couple of seconds/minutes of using Oracle Discoverer, the Oracle Forms session that was running in another window / tab failed with FRM-92104 error described above.
FRM-92104: A network error or server failure has occurred. The request was sent to the wrong application server.....
This error started occurring after upgrading the JRE to 1.7.0_25.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms