Extended Fusion Middleware Support Dates for 11g R1 (11.1.1.x) and Patch Set 6 (220.127.116.11)
(Doc ID 1585582.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What are we announcing?
(Sept 2013) - The Lifetime Support Policy (LSP) dates for a number of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 (11.1.1.x) releases have been extended from their original end of premier/extended support dates of June 2014/June 2017 to December 2018/December 2021. Refer to the Oracle Fusion Middleware Lifetime Support Policy document available at http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-middleware-069163.pdf to find most current dates on your specific product and version.
Note: There are two clarifications important to understand:
- All 11.1.1.x versions in the LSP are still subject to the Error Correction Policy (ECP) which expires versions leading up to the terminal release. Note the terminal Patch Set release has not been determined at the time of this announcement or LSP writing, therefore why the 11.1.1.x syntax is used. See <Note 1290894.1> for updates.
- There are two extensions discussed in this document:
1) Extension of Premier and Extended Support dates for FMW 11.1.1.x in the Lifetime Support Policy.
2) Extension of error correction support for some FMW 126.96.36.199 products to meet the end of Premier Support date.
1) Extension of Premier and Extended Support dates for FMW 11.1.1.x in the Lifetime Support Policy
The Lifetime Support Policy dates for a number of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 (11.1.1.x) releases have been extended to support customers as they plan for, and execute their upgrade to 12c. Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c products and features are being released over a series of minor releases (i.e. 12.1.2 – 12.1.N). The first of which is Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation 12c release (12.1.2). Released in July 2013, Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation 12c (12.1.2) includes Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and Oracle developer tools. For more information about Oracle Cloud Application Foundation 12c, please refer to the Oracle press release. (Update: This link is no longer available from 2013). Interoperability between 11g and 12c is not supported, (but may be compatible as explained in <Note 1576554.1>); therefore customers using a broad set of Oracle Fusion Middleware products will need to remain on 11g until those products are available on 12c.
2) Extension of error correction support for some FMW 188.8.131.52 products to meet the end of Premier Support date
In addition to the extended Lifetime Support Policy dates for these releases, Oracle has also extended the error correction grace period for Fusion Middleware 11g R1 Patch Set 6 (184.108.40.206.0) to December, 2018 - refer to <Note 1290894.1> for Grace Period dates. Note however, that Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 is comprised of a number of product releases, each of which has a its own dates in the Lifetime Support Policy (LSP) document, which supersede any error correction grace period timelines specified at the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 level in <Note 1290894.1>.
As is standard practice, Oracle provides error correction support on the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 terminal Patch Set until the end of Premier and Extended Support, depending on customer license purchased. The Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 terminal Patch Set will be determined during lifecycle and depend on different factors. (See <Note 1290894.1>). The terminal Patch Set release has not been determined at the time of this announcement.
Exceptions – There are a few notable 11g R1 (11.1.1.x) releases for which the Lifetime Support Policy and error correction grace period dates are not being extended, and remain unchanged:
- WebCenter - The Oracle WebCenter Suites of products are updated with release 220.127.116.11.0. As documented in <Note 1290894.1>, error correction support on 11g R1 Patch Set 6 (18.104.22.168.0) will end sooner for WebCenter products than other FMW products remaining at 22.214.171.124.0. See <Note 1567706.1> for a list of products included with the 126.96.36.199.0 release. The grace period for 188.8.131.52.0 is to be determined by a subsequent Patch Set release date.
- Forms & Reports - Customers are directed to upgrade to the 11g R2 (11.1.2.x) releases for these products, (see <Note 1680259.1> and <Note 1503701.1>).
- Oracle Portal - Customers are directed to move to Oracle WebCenter 11g, (see <Note 1566193.1> and <Note 1567706.1>).
- Discoverer - Customers are directed to move to Oracle Business Intelligence 11g, (see <Note 1634827.1>).
- Identity and Access Management 11g - Customers are directed to upgrade to the latest 11gR2 (11.1.2.x) release if available for the product, (see <Note 1510284.1>). Access Management 11g R1 (184.108.40.206) products (IAM list) have a different Premier and Extended Support date from other Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR1 products and are not included in this extension. Identity Management 11gR1 (220.127.116.11) products (IDM list) which do not have a Release 2 will have dates coordinated with other Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 (18.104.22.168) releases. Check the LSP to verify Premier and Extended Support dates for Identity and Access Management products you are using and <Note 1510284.1> for error correction support dates on non-terminal releases.
- For Java SE coordination, see <Note 952075.1>, "Java SE End of Life and Oracle Fusion Middleware Policy".
Refer to all Lifetime Support Policy documents available at http://www.oracle.com/us/support/lifetime-support/index.html. Oracle Fusion Middleware Lifetime Support Policy document is available at http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-middleware-069163.pdf. All Premier and Extended Support dates are subject to the Error Correction Policy through a product life cycle as explained in <Note 944866.1>, "Error Correction Support Dates for Oracle Fusion Middleware (10g/11g/WLS)".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document