Invoking SQLPlus from Instant Client 12c Install Fails with MSVCR100.dll Error
(Doc ID 1592345.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2020
Applies to:SQL*Plus - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - OS Version: 7
Installed Instant Client Version 188.8.131.52.0 On Windows 7 64-bit.
When execute sqlplus, it fails with MSVCR100.dll error:
"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download Instant Client 12c from:
2. Download two zip files from the site:
3. Unzip the two zip files into <DIR>\instantclient
4. Add <DIR>\instantclient to Windows PATH
5. Execute <DIR>\instantclient\sqlplus.exe
New installation of Instant Client 12c.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document