WCM_BEGIN_EDIT_SESSION Leaves The Content Checked Out On Clicking Cancel Button
Last updated on MAY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Systems are being upgraded to use IE9. Data File Editing is being done using WCM_BEGIN_EDIT_SESSION calls by providing the DDOCNAME.
If the contributor is closed using Cancel Button or the close button, then the content remains checked out.
Steps To Reproduce:
SSXA Component is disabled.
1. Installed IE9 on Win 7 laptop.
2. Search for a data file in content server.
3. In a html file create a link as follows:
Make sure the link opens in a new window or tab.
4. Open the html file in IE9 and click the link. Login as a user and the Contributor is launched. Click Cancel without making any changes.
5. The following tracing is generated:
12. Notice the extra call to UNDO_CHECKOUT_BY_NAME that never occurs from IE9.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms