Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2013
Applies to:Java SE JDK and JRE - Version 7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the latest Java update is installed through the IE browser, we see that it exists in Programs and Features, and it's enabled in the Java Control Panel (JCP). However, visiting "Do I have Java?" page reports no current Java installed and the browser does not appear to recognize it.
Even after restarting the browser, the "Do I have Java" applet reports no current Java installed.
The browser and Java detection script will recognize the latest installed Java update when it's 'enabled' in the JCP.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open IE on the Desktop
2. Navigate to the "Do I have Java?" page.
3. Select Download button to download the latest Java 7 update
4. Choose Run to install it, go through the installer, accepting the default install location, license agreement, etc.
5. Finish Install
6. Relaunch IE
7. Navigate to the Java verification applet from step 2.
8. Notice the detection script result is that update is still required.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms