Java SE 7 64-bit Plug-in Does Not Work with Internet Explorer 10 64-bit and Windows 64-bit
(Doc ID 1599034.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Java SE JDK and JRE - Version 7 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - OS Version: 7
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - Version: 2008 R2
When using any revision of Java SE 7 64-bit with Internet Explorer (IE) 10 64-bit and Windows 64-bit to access the "Verify Java Version" test page, a pop-up windows with the following message appears:
"The page you are viewing uses Java. More information on Java support is available from the Microsoft Website."
1. Both the Java Plug-In SSV Helper and Java Plugin-In 2 SSV Helper are enabled in IE under "Manage Add-ons".
2. Access the Java Tester web page and see the warning message at the bottom
3. A pop-up window is shown with the following message
4. If we click the 'More Info' button, it will redirect to the Microsoft Website.
5. If we click 'OK' button, the applet fails to launch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document