Java SE 7 64-bit Plug-in Does Not Work with Internet Explorer 10 64-bit and Windows 64-bit
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Java SE JDK and JRE - Version 7 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - OS Version: 7
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - Version: 2008 R2
When using any revision of Java SE 7 64-bit with Internet Explorer (IE) 10 64-bit and Windows 64-bit to access the "Verify Java Version" test page, a pop-up windows with the following message appears:
"The page you are viewing uses Java. More information on Java support is available from the Microsoft Website."
1. Both the Java Plug-In SSV Helper and Java Plugin-In 2 SSV Helper are enabled in IE under "Manage Add-ons".
2. Access http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp and see the warning message at the bottom
3. A pop-up window is shown with the following message
4. If we click the 'More Info' button, it will redirect to the Microsoft Website.
5. If we click 'OK' button, the applet fails to launch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms