Starting HTTP Server Fails with the Error 'Unexpected exception from Plugin: java.lang.NullPointerException'
(Doc ID 1600304.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2022
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
The NodeManager was created as a service using <DOMAIN_HOME>/bin/installNodeMgrSvc.cmd and started from Services.
When attempting to start OHS using "<DOMAIN_HOME>\bin\startcomponent.cmd ohs1" the following errors occurs:
This issue occurs in the following scenarios:
1. Install an standalone OHS
2. Create the NodeManager Service using <DOMAIN_HOME>/bin/installNodeMgrSvc.cmd
3. Start NodeManager from Services
4. Start OHS
An existing High Availability (HA) SOA environment was already created NodeManager, and then later adding two OHS instances causes startup errors.
1. Install a new domain to shared storage, containing AdminServer and WSM cluster
2. Start AdminServer
3. Configure NodeManager credentials
4. Pack the domain and unpack it on each node to local storage
5. Create the NodeManager Service on each node
6. Extend the domain with SOA cluster, pack/unpack to each node
7. Extend the domain with OHS components, pack/unpack to each node and then attempt to start OHS
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document