Error Unable To Display Item Properties After Expiring Document Using Advanced Edit On INFO Tab
(Doc ID 1608765.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Webcenter Portal Custom Application when using a Document Explorer task flow to expire the content the Document Info tab is failing to display and throwing the error saying that Document Properties does not exist.
Steps to reproduce in Custom WebCenter Portal:
1. Create a JSPX Page
2. Add a Document Explorer Taskflow and give any path to the UCM folder so that list of content items will be shown in that folder.
3. Select any content item and select the info tab > Advanced Edit (you must access via webtier for edit to show under advanced)
4. Add an Expire time (earlier than current time) for the content item and submit the metadata form.
5. When the metadata happens and the request comes back you see properties can not be shown message(Since the content is expired).
6. When we go back to the Folder I still see the content item and if I do View->Refresh content explicitly this is going away.
In WebCenter Portal Spaces:
Ensure your using webtier to access Spaces (needed for advanced edit)
1. Create a Space based on Document Exchange template (does not have to be this one, but just using existing document page/taskflows)
2. On the document tab upload a file to the Space
3. Wait a few minutes to ensure the time changes from the creation date of the item
4. Select on the filename of the item to open it and to see the Info tab
5. Select the Info tab
6. Expand Advanced section
7. Select Edit from under the Advanced section
8. A popup from WCC will appear (you may need to login to UCM in this small window)
9. The WCC properties page is open for the item. Near the bottom there is a field called "Expiration Date", copy and paste the creation date entry into
the field, and adjust the time by 1 minute after the creation date.
10. Submit your changes You should see the warning/error message.
11. Select ok on this screen takes you back to Spaces showing either the document properties all empty (188.8.131.52 did this) but in 184.108.40.206.1 it seems
to show you an empty document explorer screen. Selecting view > refresh content generates the same error again in both versions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document