Login Redirection Going On An Infinite Loop Due To Using A File Based Policy In A Clustered Portal Application
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When accessing the home.jspx page of a Custom WebCenter Portal application, it redirects to login.jspx and then redirects to login.html and this goes into an infinite loop. There is a similar issue that results in the redirect ending in a 404 (see <NOTE:1438815.1> After Restarting WebCenter Portal Managed Server, Some Pages Return HTTP-404 Error Page).
- Application is deployed to custom portal managed servers in a multi node cluster.
- Application is created using the proper WebCenter Portal Application Template in JDeveloper.
- Custom portal managed servers are created using the proper WebCenter Custom Portal Template as described in <NOTE:1339004.1> "Tutorial: Creating WebLogic Managed Servers for Deployment of Custom WebCenter Portal Applications or WebCenter Producer Applications for Oracle WebCenter R11 (PS3/PS4/PS5)" (Section 5.2) when extending the domain.
- The behavior may not occur with only a single custom portal managed server running. It may only appear to occur after starting another managed server in the domain, after the custom portal managed server is already started.
In the custom portal managed server access log the following is displayed:
- login.html redirect to login.jspx.
- login.jspx redirect to adfAuthentication.
- adfAuthentication redirects to login.html and loop back to step 1.
In the custom portal managed server diagnostic log, messages similar to the following display when the looping occurs:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms