Information Center: Oracle Traffic Director
(Doc ID 1626139.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2021
Welcome to the Oracle Traffic Director Information Center
Oracle Traffic Director (OTD) is an on-board, highly available Application Delivery Controller (ADC) to optimize application-to-application communication within Oracle’s engineered systems such as Exalogic (Linux, Solaris), SPARC SuperCluster, WebLogic for Oracle Database Appliance etc. and offers the following key benefits:
- High throughput, low latency HTTP(s), WebSocket, and TCP software load balancer.
- Rule-based request routing and reverse proxy server. Request rate limiting, throttling and QoS tuning.
- Flexible and fine-grained monitoring and High availability through standard based VRRP protocol.
- High performance SSL/TLS transactions including offloading SSL, caching HTTP responses from origin server(s) and compression.
- Built-in WebLogic optimizations such as cluster discovery, and connection persistence synchronization.
- Mod Security based Web Application Firewall to protect back-end applications from malicious attacks like CSRF, SQL Injection and so on.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!