Invalid Character Error (InvalidCharacterError) when Saving Metadata using Explorer Integration with IE10 (Internet Explorer)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Oracle Webcenter Content 11g (WCC), Windows Explorer Integration (WEI) 11g, and the Folder Editing Form to save Folder Metadata, a script error is shown.
To reproduce the issue:
1. In Windows Explorer, select a folder from the WCC content folders.
2. Right click on a WCC folder and select "Folder Information ..."
3. In the upper right hand corner, select "Edit".
4. A new form shows up. Scroll down to the bottom.
5. Select "Prompt for Metadata" or if it is checked, unselect it, and then "Save".
6. The error below shows up as seen in the screen shot and text below.
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Error : InvalidCharacterError.
There error prevents using the Folder Editing Form.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms