Oracle Access Manager (OAM): How to Update the Version of Coherence Used by Oracle Access Manager
(Doc ID 1633969.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Oracle Coherence - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release AS10g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to upgrade the version of Coherence used by Oracle Access Manager 11g?
Coherence 3.7 at patch level 188.8.131.52 has critical bug fixes that enable stable server performance. These includes performance optimizations to improve memory utilization, better state management during server starts, improved guardian management, and better network management. 184.108.40.206 is the recommended version for OAM as of May 2015.
Certified/Supported OAM/Coherence version combinations:
I. OAM 11.1.1.x version comes out of the box with Coherence version 3.5.3 .
- Any upgrade of the coherence version in OAM 11.1.1.x is not supported.
- Oracle recommendation is to upgrade to the latest OAM version.
II. OAM 11.1.2.x up to 220.127.116.11.x comes out of the box with Coherence version 18.104.22.168.
- Oracle recommends upgrade of coherence version to 22.214.171.124. (note 126.96.36.199 is also certified)
- Coherence 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 are certified and supported, which is only available for those customers who have extended software support, and will need to be manually applied as per below steps
III. OAM 18.104.22.168 comes out of the box with Coherence version 22.214.171.124.
- There are no separate upgrade instructions. Any upgrade of the coherence version will be done through a Bundle Patch(BP)
- OAM bundle <patch:126.96.36.199.161018> (BP08) upgrades Coherence that OAM uses, from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
- OAM bundle <patch:220.127.116.11.180116> (BP13) upgrades Coherence that OAM uses, from 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
Exception to the rule:
- If on OAM 188.8.131.52.5 there is a one off patch, <patch:24337560> that is available to upgrade Coherence that OAM uses, from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
- Workaround: Update coherence JAR from <patch:23859798> to $MW_HOME/Oracle_IDM1/oam/server/lib/jmx/coherence.jar
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Certified/Supported OAM/Coherence version combinations:|
|Upgrade instructions to install Coherence 3.7.1.x on Oracle Access Manager 11gr2 (OAM 18.104.22.168.0) to Oracle Access Manager 11gr2PS2 (OAM 22.214.171.124.0)|