HTTP Status: 500 and Error Code 102 When Deploying Policies
(Doc ID 1645852.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle API Gateway
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document applies to Oracle API Gateway (OAG) 220.127.116.11.0 and newer. It does not apply to Oracle Enterprise Gateway 18.104.22.168.1 and earlier.
This document applies to any scenario where policies are deployed, including actions such as changing the passphrase.
When deploying policies to one or several Gateway instances, the Node Manager reports an ERROR HTTP 500 and Error code 102 after 120 seconds.
Example error reported in Policy Studio's trace file:
com.vordel.api.nm.NodeManagerAPIException: Node Manager error: Error occurred on call from Node Manager on '<HOSTNAME>' to https:/<HOST>:<PORT> for URL '/api/configuration' and 'PUT'
HTTP status: 500.
Error code: 102.
Example error reported in the Local Node Manager's trace file:
ERROR <TIMESTAMP> [<THREAD ID>] Failed to deploy to gateway 'instance-X'. Error: Error: Error occurred on call from Node Manager on '<HOSTNAME>' to https://<HOSTNAME.DOMAINNAME>:<PORT>' for URL '/api/configuration' and 'PUT'
Example error reported in the Admin Node Manager's trace file:
Related messages which may occur in the Gateway instance's trace file:
java.lang.RuntimeException: send failed
at com.vordel.dwe.http.ServerTransaction.sendResponse(Native Method)
These messages indicate that the Gateway instance lost the connection to the Node Manager, most likely because the Node Manager closed the connection when the Node Manager's active timeout was reached.
- Deployment was started successful, but took longer than the configured Node Manager timeout.
Default Node Manager timeout in 22.214.171.124.0 and 126.96.36.199.0 is 120 seconds.
From the Node Manager timeout alone, it cannot be concluded whether deployment was successful, is still in progress, or was unsuccessful.
- Start of deployment was delayed because the Gateway instance was still processing requests.
- Deployment failed. For example, in 188.8.131.52.0, but not in 184.108.40.206.0 and newer, policy deployment might fail if any one of the local Node Managers in the domain in down.
- Any problem which impacted the connection between Node Manager and Gateway instance
- If storing metrics in database is enabled, problems with the connection to the reporting database or slow database response times will increase policy deployment times
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Additional information: Policy deployment times|