Enterprise Capture Commit to WebCenter Content Commit Driver, Field Values not Passed when Single Field is Missing Value; it Skips all Remaining Mapped Fields
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Enterprise Capture 220.127.116.11.0, fields values are not passed in the WCC commit driver.
Patch CUMULATIVE Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture PATCH 18.104.22.168.0 NUMBER 3 17951545 was applied.
Configure an Import Processor Job with either folder or email source to commit documents to WebCenter Content. If WCC field mapping is passed with no value, then it will not attempt to pass values to any other mapped fields in the WebCenter Content commit driver. For example:
WebCenter Content commit driver has fields
Capture field: WCC field:
If Cap1, Cap2 and Cap3 are autopopulated by the import job and the post processing step is WebCenter Content, all fields are sent. The problem occurs if Import Processor is not populating field “Cap1” with a value. It does not even attempt to pass the mapped values for Cap2 or Cap3.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create Workspace.
- Create 3 fields, give them all default values in the Import Processor job (field1, field2, field3, with values test1, test2, test3 respectively)
- Create Commit Driver to WebCenter Content, map those 3 fields to ANY UCM fields.
- Create Folder Import source, point to a folder.
- Place a TIF in that folder.
- Watch it commit with all 3 fields in the commit log.
- Modify field1, and remove the default value.
- Place a TIF in the folder again.
- Watch it commit with none of the 3 fields in the commit log.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms