Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
WebCenter Portal Spaces 22.214.171.124.6 +
Unable to change descriptions on previous versions of files in the document viewer taskflow. When a user attempts to update the description on a previous version, it updates on the latest version instead.
Steps to Reproduce:
On the Documents page in the home space:
1. Upload the same text file 3 times, each time entering new description like version 1, version 2, version 3....
2. Select the file name to see the file and the property tabs at the bottom.
3. Select History tab to see the 3 versions and their descriptions
4. Select the name for the first version1. This will open the version 1 of the file.
5. Select the Info tab, notice everything still shows your viewing the contents for version 1 of the file.
6. Under Basic select edit
7. Notice you see the description for version1 of the file.
8. Add some text to the end of the description For example "version 1 updated"
9. Now select the history tab again and notice this updated the latest version3 description instead of the version1 description that you were viewing/editing.
If you use Advanced edit and change the comment entry this works correctly.
Also if you use UCM directly to make the change this also works fine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms