Internet Explorer 9,10,11 Fails to Connect via SSL to Oracle HTTP Server or Web Cache 11.1.1.X When Using Client Authentication with TLS 1.2
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Web Cache - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) or WebCache 11.1.1.X is configured for use with SSL Client Authentication
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or previous versions connect successfully to OHS with a client certificate
- IE 9, 10 or 11 connects successfully with a client certificate if the SSL protocol settings in IE are set to SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 only in Tools -> Options -> Advanced
- IE 9, 10 or 11 fails to connect with a client certificate if TLS 1.1 and/or TLS 1.2 are *also* checked i.e protocols checked are SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2
- Firefox, Chrome and Safari versions that support TLS 1.1 and 1.2, work fine with a client certificate when enabled on top of SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0
- This problem also can happen with normal SSL connections from Product that use the JRE for example Oracle Forms, Discoverer Plus, EBusiness Suite etc..
- This problem also can happen from a Webservice called from WebLogic Server that sends a ClientHello with TLS 1.1 or 1.2 to OHS
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms