Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Web Cache - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) or WebCache 11.1.1.X is configured for use with SSL Client Authentication
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 8 or previous versions connect successfully to OHS with a client certificate
- IE 9, 10 or 11 connects successfully with a client certificate if the SSL protocol settings in IE are set to SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 only in Tools -> Options -> Advanced
- IE 9, 10 or 11 fails to connect with a client certificate if TLS 1.1 and/or TLS 1.2 are *also* checked i.e protocols checked are SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2
- Firefox, Chrome and Safari versions that support TLS 1.1 and 1.2, work fine with a client certificate when enabled on top of SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0
- This problem also can happen with normal SSL connections from Product that use the JRE for example Oracle Forms, Discoverer Plus, EBusiness Suite etc..
- This problem also can happen from a Webservice called from WebLogic Server that sends a ClientHello with TLS 1.1 or 1.2 to OHS
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms