Map Polygons Do Not Render In OBIEE If Data Is Not In The Query Results
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Mapping a NYC map that uses Data By Borough, Data by Zip Code and Data by Community Board showing how many service requests have been submitted in each region. However, when filtering the map and a certain region has no Service Requests, the polygon for that region does not render. We would prefer for all polygons to render despite there being no data for that region.
- Have a Zip Code table with Zip Code Spatial Data.
- Create an OBIEE map layer with Mapviewer and Map NYC Complaints against the Zip Code.
- Complaints have a Zip Code associated to them and get mapped according to that.
- If a zip Code (lets say zip code 10001) does not have any Complaints then no records will come up for that zip code (not a value of Zero, but simply no rows returned for that Zip Code).
- Because there are no records with Zip Code 10001, a shape (or coropleth) does not get rendered for that specific Zip Code because there is no matching data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms