The “More” Link On "Message Board Quick View" Shows Messages in the Wrong Scope
Last updated on MAY 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Clicking on the More link in Message Board - Quick View task flow in a Space/Portal changes the scope of the task flow to the Home Space/Home Portal.
When you click on the More link in the task flow to see the rest of the messages inside the Space/Portal, you actually get the messages added to the Home Space/Home Portal.
Steps to Reproduce
1. UserA posts 2 messages on his Home Portal:
"Hello All, from Home"
"Hello All, from Home #2"
2. UserA created a new Portal
3. UserA added UserB and UserC as participants to the new Portal
4. From the Activity Stream of the new Portal UserA, UserB and UserC posts a few messages
5. UserA adds a new Message Board - Quick View task flow to a page in the new Portal
6. When editing this page, then UserA edits the task flow properties with the wrench icon
7. He specifies the No of Messages as 3 for example (a number that is less than the total messages sent in the Portal)
8. UserA views the page with the Message Board - Quick View task flow added.
The user only sees a subset of the messages (i.e. 3)
8. UserA clicks on the More link. Instead of showing the remaining messages of the Portal, it shows the 2 messages from his Home Portal.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms