External Links Aren't Added In Webcenter Analytics
Last updated on JUNE 19, 2014
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 126.96.36.199.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Clicks on external pages/links that open in new window with Redirect enabled are not captured in Analytics tables.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new Space 's1' and edit it
2. Select Resources > Navigations > and then select 'Spaces Default Navigation Model' > Edit -> copy
3. Edit navigation
4. Delete all the existing Navigation Items
5. Add a link named 'Events'. In path select 'pages' and then 'Events' page
6. Add another link named 'Oracle'. Assign path as 'www.oracle.com', under Options tab select 'New Window' for 'Open Link In' option, and check 'Redirect' check-box.
7. Change the Navigation of the Space to the newly created Navigation
8. Open the Space
9. Click on Events page
10. Separately, connect to the Activities schema via a Sql client (like Oracle SQL Developer) and execute the SQL queries below to verify if the user click (in step 9) is recorded by Analytics:
Notice that the user click (in step 9) accessing the Events page is recorded in the query results.
11. Now, access the Oracle navigation link in the Page
12. Re-execute the queries in step 10
Notice that the query DOES NOT return the access of Oracle link (step 11)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms