Select List Validated Not Working For Option Lists Populated With Views
(Doc ID 1902824.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue in WebCenter Content 188.8.131.52 when configuring an option list for "Select List Validated" when it is populated using a view. When configured in this manner, the option list is not validated and any value can be set for the option list on a check in from an external client (e.g. Batchloader, RIDC, Web Services, etc).
The steps needed to recreate the issue are these:
- Create a new metadata field in Configuration Manager (xOptionListTest)
- Configure as an option list, with an Option List Type of "Select List Validated"
- Start this test by first checking the "Use option list" check box to populate the option list form a list
- Enter a value in the list "Valid Value"
- Save xOptionListTest and options, as appropriate
- Create a batchload file, including: "xOptionListTest=Invalid Value"
- Load the batch file.... you will receive an ERROR, as expected
- Now, in Configuration Manager, change the configuration for xOptionListTest to "Use view" instead of "Use option list". Set the view to a Table and View that you have created with a value "Valid Value"
- Build schema
- Reload the batch file.... this time you will NOT receive an error. This behavior is not expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document