Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Submitting a POST request to a WLS server intermittently returns error 500.
- The following error stack is displayed to browser:
- The Network trace shows the error is due to the re-use of a half-closed tcp connection.
- The issue was reproduced using two WLS servers (ClientAppServer and WebServicesAppServer)
- WebServicesAppServer received request from ClientAppServer
- Result displayed to browser.
- After WlsServer/Protocols/HTTP/Duration time period expires WebServicesAppServer sent Fin/Ack to close connection
- ClientAppServer returned Ack (connection is now half-closed)
- New request received from browser, ClientAppServer sent new request to the half-closed connection
- WebServicesAppServer sent RST to reset the half-closed connection.
- Error 500 was displayed to browser.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms