In an Option List Populated with a view, After Installing BundlePatch 6 for 184.108.40.206.0, The "Select List Validated" Option is now Validading the Options in the list on update but not on Checkin
(Doc ID 1921471.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Content Server
After appling the "Patch 18836021: WCC 22.214.171.124.0 BUNDLE (MLR 06) JULY 2014 14-Jul-2014 07:20", In an Option List Populated with a view, the "Select List Validated" Option is now Validading the Options in the list on update but not on Checkin. When chosing an option not in the list on Checking (blank or no option in this case) Checkin works. Then on Update the update fails and the following error occurs:
"Unable to update Info for content or record 'XXXXX' Value not found in allowed list of options for field 'xCustomMetadata'". In audit trail, the error occur at UPDATE_DOCINFO_BYFORM service.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Apply Patch "Patch 18836021: WCC 126.96.36.199.0 BUNDLE (MLR 06) JULY 2014 14-Jul-2014 07:20"
2. Update Content via content server interface or through task flow document explorer in WebCenter Portal, being sure to chose a value for the xCustomMetadata field's option list
To work around the problem, three options suceed:
1. Add the value "0" zero with blank description in tables that populate the lists of values so that the choice is now valid
2. Change the option list associated with the metadata to "Select List Not Validated" instead of "Select List Validated"
3. Create a new option list with manually entered values instead of using a view
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users can check in but not update content which has invalid option list choices.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|