Admin Server SMF Can Not Be Created On Solaris 11 After Upgrading To iPlanet Web Server 7.0.19 From 7.0.15
(Doc ID 1922192.1)
Last updated on APRIL 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle iPlanet Web Server - Version 7.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following an upgrade of the iPlanet Web Server from 7.0.15 to 7.0.19 on Solaris 11, an error is returned when trying to create an SMF Service to start/stop the Admin Server instance.
The following steps illustrate how this problem can be reproduced:
- Install iPlanet Web Server 7.0.15 and create SMF on the Admin Server instance
- Try to delete the admin server SMF from Web Admin Console, but it can not be deleted due to Bug 14223471.
- Stop all instances and admin server
- Run uninstall command to uninstall Web Server 7.0.15
- Install iPlanet Web Server 7.0.19
- Try to create the admin server SMF in Web Admin Console, get the following error:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document