Explain and Tips for How to Tune the WebCenter Content (WCC) Content UI AutoSuggest Feature
(Doc ID 1938996.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What is AutoSuggest and How To Tune It?
AutoSuggest is the new technology used exclusively with the new Content UI, introduced in WebCenter Content 126.96.36.199
It is based on Oracle Application Developer Framework (ADF)
Many top websites have implemented some type of this functionality. This feature makes websites more user friendly and more efficient for user input.
AutoSuggest behavior in ADF adds a pull-down menu of suggested values to a text field. The user can either click directly on a suggestion to enter it into the field, or navigate the list using the up and down arrow keys, selecting a value using the enter key. It is typically used for type ahead search suggestions.
How is it related to WebCenter Content?
AutoSuggest is used for the new Content User Interface introduced in WebCenter Content 188.8.131.52
More about the Content UI in general can be found here
The Content UI is also discussed in the following two webcasts
184.108.40.206 Overview and Support info
220.127.116.11 Latest Enhancements
The WebCenter Content User Interface requires the Auto Suggest feature to be enabled to function.
What limitations does the AutoSuggest feature have?
The following is from the WebCenter Content Release Notes
4.1.40 Framework Folders AutoSuggest Type-Ahead Feature Limitation:
- When the WebCenter Content user interface is implemented instead of the native 11g interface, Framework Folders must be enabled (Folders_g cannot be used).
- As of 18.104.22.168.0, Framework Folders uses an AutoSuggest type-ahead feature when users enter search terms.
- The AutoSuggest feature is required and is enabled as part of the AutoSuggestConfig component with the WebCenter Content user interface.
What fields are used with the AutoSuggest feature?
Can any fields be added or removed from the above list?
What symptoms might be encountered using the AutoSuggest feature?
- Slow response from the AutoSuggest in the WebCenter Content User Interface search box where with a typical search term
- Error in the WCC User Interface application with message "System failure occurred. Contact your site administrator."
- Extensive queries to the content server database involving AutoSuggest
- Extensive redo logs on the content server database
How can the AutoSuggest index be rebuilt?
See this Note: <Note 1991245.1> - How To Rebuild The Autosuggest Index?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document