Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Outside In Technology - Version 8.5.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Outside In Web View Export SDK 8.5.0:
Unicode text does not appear to be supported in CAD files. It is rendered as question marks (?).
The issue can be reproduced in the Web View Export product with the following steps:
1. From a cmd prompt: [path to OIT SDK]\sdk\samplecode\demoserver_nodejs>node demoserver.js
demoserver: listening on port 8888
(Ctrl-C to exit)
2. Place input file into local directory.
3. Open a browser and navigate to http://localhost:8888/filebrowse.html
4. Enter the directory containing the input files and click 'Go'.
5. Select an AutoCAD file with Unicode text to view in the browser.
6. Output shows text as "?????" instead of Unicode content.
This occurs when upgrading to 8.5.0 from previous Outside In (OIT) releases.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms