Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Coherence - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is it possible top preserve the session across multiple applications deployed to different clusters?
- Configure 2 weblogic clusters clusters each with an application that uses the same http session.
- An Apache web server with the WebLogic plug-in is used as a load balancer in front of the two WebLogic Server clusters.
- Coherence*Web is used for http session management.
- Login to cluster1/app1 to create session
- Switch to cluster2/app2 - coherence web will get the session
- Switch back to cluster1/app1 - it's possible for the user to go to another jvm that does not have the session - coherence web will get the session - but you can get the user sessions on several of the jvms
- Switch back to cluster2/apps - its possible for the user to go to another jvm that does not have the session - coherence web will get the session - but u can get the user sessions on several of the jvms
The JSESSION primary jvm is only preserved when the user stays in the same cluster/app
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms